An ordinance is a law passed by your City of Smith Center government. The complete Code of Ordinances is below.
If you have any questions regarding a particular ordinance or wish to request a copy of any ordinances in full (as referenced in the code), please call City Hall and we will be happy to help you.
- Code of Ordinances
- Table of Contents
- Chapter I - Administration
- Chapter II - Animal Control & Regulation
- Chapter III - Beverages
- Chapter IV - Buildings & Construction
- Chapter V - Business Regulations
- Chapter VI - Elections
- Chapter VII - Fire
- Chapter VIII - Health & Welfare
- Chapter IX - Municipal Court
- Chapter X - Police
- Chapter XI - Public Offenses
- Chapter XII - Public Property
- Chapter XIII - Streets & Sidewalks
- Chapter XIV - Traffic
- Chapter XV: Utilities
- Chapter XVI: Zoning & Planning
- Parallel Refences
- Special Ordinances
- Zoning Ordinance
- Ordinance 1024-Main Street Trafficway
- Ordinance 1026-Establishing a Land Bank
- Ordinance 1027-M-P District Storage Containers
- Ordinance 1028-Appropriation
- Ordinance 1029-Grass Clippings
- Ordinance 1030-STO
- Ordinance 1031-Tobacco-Free Environment Wagner Park
- STO 2022
- Ordinance 1032
- Ordinance 1033
- Ordinance 1034 Building and Fence Permits
- Ordinance 1035 Alley
- Ordinance 1036 Plumbing Materials
- Ordinance 1037 STO
- Ordinance 1038 Vacate Alley
- Ordinance 1039 Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- Ordinance 1040 Dogs
- Ordinance 1041 Special Use Vehicles
- Ordinance 1042 Emergency Routes, Parking
- Ordinance 1043 Fireworks
Frequently Asked Questions
May I burn trash and leaves inside the city limits?
No, burning is not allowed within city limits.
Is a license required to drive a golf cart or SUV in Smith Center?
Yes, a license from the city is required prior to driving a golf cart or qualifying SUV within city limits. For information on this license, please call the city offices.