Smith Center/Smith County is a designated Rural Opportunity Zone which means moving here comes with significant added benefits!
Student loan repayment assistance and personal state income tax credit are financial incentives for new full-time residents.
Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Administered by Kansas Department of Commerce
- Partners with Smith Center and Smith County
- Provides up to $15,000 in student loan repayment assistance over 5 years
- Must have a newly established permanent address in Smith County so long as that address was established after the city/county began participating in the program
- Applicants must have an active student loan balance in their name, as well as an associate's, bachelor's or post-graduate degree prior to moving
- To apply, you will need to provide proof of domicile in Smith Center/Smith County, proof of previous permanent residency, transcripts with degree dates and student loan balance with distribution dates.
To learn more about the student loan repayment assistance, click here.
100% Personal State Income Tax Credit
Are you thinking about moving to Smith Center/Smith County, or have you recently become a resident?
New residents who move into this rural opportunity zone may be eligible for a 100% personal state income tax credit! Learn more about the ROZ Tax Credit click here.